Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Friday Round Up 2/9/18- a couple days late!

Lizzard Loves reflecting on the week!

The happy, the good, the giggles in no particular order:

1. Friday Afternoon Play Dates
I love when I host a play date and everything goes smoothly. I invited mamas and babies (from a moms group I started) last Friday afternoon and everyone (seemed to) enjoy themselves! Lulu was the only baby girl amongst a zillion baby boys! We had babies from 4ish months to 10ish months old :) 

I tried a new recipe (which seems like a relatively bad idea when other people are coming over - though its not as though it was the main dish of a dinner party!) for Smitten Kitchen's Hello Dolly Bars
They were delectable!! The only thing I changed was swapping walnuts for the pecans and adding a healthy sprinkling of flaky sea salt before I baked them. If you use unsalted nuts - for SURE add the salt; it is a nice touch indeed.


2. Travel Planning
Chris & I decided that we are going to take Lulu to Ireland in the Fall! We really didn't get very far beyond making the plan & picking dates to travel, but it is so fun to have a trip to look forward to.

3,  Text chains
Group messages can be super f-ing annoying. They can also be a most wonderfully enriching way to stay connected to your best friends from college. I love having an ongoing conversation with these girls (who coincidentally are also moms to baby girls) about life, momming, books/TV shows, family, husbands, etc. The conversation can be super active for days in a row or sit silent for a week or so. It doesn't matter, we pick back up where we left off & it just makes me feel like they live so much closer than they do.

4. Snow storms! 
Eek! We got a bunch of snow last night/today! I love the snow, I love love love it. We got maybe 6 inches on top 4 inches we got throughout the week. There is a lot of snow! I love how quiet it makes everything. I love how (early in the week when the sun was shining) it sparkles. Honestly though it sparkles in the streetlights, I suppose I don't need the sun to be out to enjoy the sparkle. I love that our town closed the schools and our neighborhood was crawling with kiddos having snowball fights, building forts, going sledding & just rolling around in the snow like little crazy people. 

I love that Chris & I took Lulu & Owenn on a pre-dawn cross country ski. I love that we were the first people out on the golf course in our neighborhood. 

I love that when I went out walking with Lulu strapped to my back in a hat that kept falling off, multiple people were willing to help me by pulling her hat & hoods back on! I love the sense of community that a good snow storm brings out. Our neighborhood is really friendly on a normal day, but that is amped up on a snow day. All of these things make me very happy.    


As always, I'd love to hear whats making you happy, grateful, laugh in the comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment