Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Sunday, July 7, 2019

2019 Spring Celebrations - Kane's 1st Communion, Mother's Day, Mary's 1st Birthday, Father's Day

I suspect part of the reason this spring flew by is that we had so many great things to celebrate!!

We were so proud of Kaneroo for making his 1st Holy Communion this year. He was selected to be a reader and nailed it! He looked so darn handsome & grown up - it was like looking into the future.

That same weekend we celebrated Mother's Day with a semi-catered brunch at our house. The whole family joined us for mass at St Nick's - our church in Evanston. We headed home afterward to enjoy celebrating all the moms - Mom, Tara, Peggy, & me!



If you can believe it, we also celebrated (not so) baby Mary's 1st Birthday in the same weekend!! She was pretty excited about the delicious cake her mom baked for her & wore her party flair for pretty much the entire celebration!! She is such a sweet little one, it in ridiculous that she is already a year old!





Last, but certainly not least, we celebrated Father's Day over the course of a couple of weeks. Lulu & I celebrated Chris at home on actual Father's Day (but because we'd hosted a big party in our home the day before ...... I was not on my A game :( Dad was in Lake Tahoe with Mom, Marg, Kobi & the girls so they celebrated out there. I did pick up breakfast sandwiches from Bagel Art Cafe and tremendous treats from Hewn Bakery......but I also fell asleep hard on the couch at 7:30pm. Sorry about that honey. It is not a reflection of how much I love you - only of how totally tired I was!!
Father's Day treats from Hewn

All smiles for Daddy on Father's Day!

We reconvened at the end of June in Glenview to enjoy a wonderful dinner Mom cooked and toast Dad, GR, Chris & Kobi (in his absence - sadly he couldn't make the trip) with the kids and grandkids all there!

I seem to have inadvertently deleted all the photos I took of our belated Father's Day celebration with my Dad. Technological fail on my part to be sure :( 

Whoosh, what a fun & busy a spring it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment