Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Productive mornings & a veggie stew recipe

Lizzard Loves productive mornings.

Even more so now that I'm a mom, I find the days when I accomplish a lot early on to be so incredibly satisfying.
Lizzard Loves delicious vegetarian meals

This morning I took this photo at 8:30. I had made my first ever batch of "from scratch" cornbread (using this recipe from King Arthur Flour) and also made a giant pot of vegetarian stew. One of my New Year's resolutions for 2018 is to seek out & prepare more vegetarian meals at home, in an effort to explore new recipes and lower our meat consumption simultaneously.


The stew recipe is from the Chicago Tribune, here are a couple of photos of it (because I don't want to spend my precious alone time minutes while the baby sleeps typing a recipe :)
 In case you are paying close attention.........I didn't bake the stew with cheese on top because 90% of the double batch I made was destined for our freezer. My preference is to add the cheese when we defrost & warm this dish rather than before freezing it.


Cheers to a New Year & many adventures to come in 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment