Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Friday, February 2, 2018

Friday Round Up 2/2/18

Lizzard Loves the new plan for Fridays!

Things that are good in my life, in no particular order:

1. Breakfast with babies
Now that we are parents, we are making friends with other parents of similarly aged kiddos. This is wonderful - except for the cost of babysitters when you want to hang out with other parents without your kiddos! My solution has become a baby friendly breakfast. I love breakfast. I love how easy it is to prepare, I love how casual it usually is, I love coffee & coffee is always welcome at breakfast! Also, the babies tend to be in pretty good spirits first thing in the morning; no one needs to rush to make a nap, everyone can just relax & enjoy each other's company. Plus, now that more & more friends have babies.........more & more friends are waking up at the crack of dawn like we always have :) The early bird gets......breakfast with babies!

2. My goal/resolution to read everyday

I've started reading on Chris' iPad sometimes - just to make sure I get it done. Lilac Girls is our
Mother Daughter Book Club Book.
I'm honestly struggling with it, its so depressing.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised given that it is based on the Holocaust.......

I read somewhere that setting a goal to read 2 pages per day is easier to achieve than reading x amount of books in a month or year. It is a concrete, measurable goal (which apparently all good goals are) which makes it easy to know if you are on track to achieve it or not. Sometime around the new year I decided to give this goal a go because I always say "I want to read more" but then never seem to find/make the time (maybe because wanting to "read more" is vague and not easy to measure?!?). But I LOVE reading. I have loved reading since I learned how to read. If a book is good, I will stay awake until the wee hours of the morning to see how it ends. I don't stay up until the wee hours of the morning for anything else (except Lulu when she wants to party in the middle of the night...but I only do that because I have to!). So far, so so so good with the new goal. I've been reading everyday, which makes me quite glad. If you have a book recommendation, I would love to hear about it in the comments- I'm always on the hunt for a great book.

3. Another tooth for Lulu
That 2nd tooth is hiding in there!
This has been a majorly funky week for Lulu's sleep - she'd been in a great groove in 2018, sleeping through the night, going to sleep without fanfare (aka screaming), and sleeping until 6am or so. This week has involved one night where she was awake from 10pm-2am, one night that she screamed for 30-40 minutes for a new(ish) babysitter rather than staying asleep after we put her down, and 2 nights of here & there wakefulness lasting up to 45 minutes. Then, yesterday morning, I saw it- the Bug has her 2nd tooth! It was so reassuring that something was causing this disruption. She also has a pretty gross cold.........which helps explain things! There are so many gray areas in parenting (as in life) but it makes me feel so good when there are concrete reasons for some of the craziness!



No comments:

Post a Comment