Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Friday recap 9/14/18 - Lulu's Grandparents Visit, Beautiful Sunrises, Peaches from a Friend, Place Space or Liquor Cabinet?, Owenn's Anniversary

Happy Friday, that is actually a Saturday! I am typing this looking out at the lake sitting on the deck, drinking my 4th cup of coffee while the baby is napping. Which is to say, life is good, despite being a day late on my post!

1. Lulu's Grandparents Visit From PA

What an exciting time we had last weekend when we hosted Chris' folks for the first time in our home! It has been 2.5 years since we moved into our new (old) house and we were happy to finally have Lulu's MomMom & PopPop come to visit us. 



Lulu got a chance to spend time with all 4 of her grandparents too, a luxury I was never afforded since my maternal grandma Helen died before I was born. A neat thing to have so many people who love her all in one place!





2. Beautiful Sunrises




They get me every time. Whether its at the Lake or in Etown, they never fail to please.

3. Peaches From a Friend

Our friends have a mature peach tree in their yard (how totally awesome is that?!?) and they are willing to share their peaches with us (again - how totally awesome is that?!?!) I feel very happy when I am the recipient of such awesomeness.

4. Play Place or Liquor Cabinet??


If you can't laugh at stuff like this......we probably shouldn't be friends!

5. Owenn's Rescue Anniversary


How is it possible that we've had the crazy Owenn pup for 2 years?!? I was less than 2 months pregnant with Lulu (who we called Blinky or Baby K throughout my pregnancy) and we had just fenced in our new to us backyard. We had wanted a dog for so long, we were thrilled to find Owenn and bring him home. 

Chris was on a work trip to NYC when I picked Owenn (also known as Owatt) from Heartland Animal Shelter where we found him. He's what we call a "mostly good dog" because of his penchant for eating Lulu's socks, running off in the forest preserve or on the golf course, helping himself to food on the counter, and having bouts of incessant barking......


He's also a great big brother to the Bug, is very snuggly when he wants to be, is a good running partner, and great traveler. Happy 2 year rescue-versary Owenn pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment