Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Friday Recap 9/28/18 - Fall Fest, Garden Beauty, Happy Bug, Cookie Monster

Oh dear. I am so so so so late on this post! Oops! Oh well, sometimes the Friday recap happens on a Tuesday! 

1. Lincoln Park Zoo's Fall Fest

I couldn't be more proud of my bestie for planning & executing Lincoln Park Zoo's Fall Fest. 

It is an awesome totally family friendly event held annually throughout the month of October (starting late in September :) Because I volunteer at the zoo, we are invited to the preview party and have loved it both last year & this year! 

All of the attractions, food & drinks are free to staff & volunteers at the preview party & we run around like crazy people trying to do it all. Lulu rode the Fun Slide no less than 3 times! It was awesome. She rode on her first kiddie Ferris Wheel & her first legit adult sized Ferris Wheel! 

As much as it is family focused - aka kiddo focused - Chris & I LOVE it. It is so darn fun. Thanks Stace for all of your hard work & planning an event we simply LOVE to attend.

2. Garden Beauty


I was struck by how beautiful this hydrangea in our backyard was last week, I snapped a photo.

And check out this ridiculous bean that is growing in the Edible Garden at the Lincoln Park Zoo! Pink & purple hiding in its green shell! Love it.


3. Happy Bug

We've gotten into the habit of taking showers with Lulu just to save time for everyone. I'm not sure when we stopped giving her regular baths, but it has been awhile. Last week we had a chilly rainy day that we had nothing planned. So, we took an afternoon bath & the Bug loved it :)

4. Cookie Monster

The same bestie mentioned above wanted to order 100 cookies from me for a tailgate she hosted last Saturday. What fun it was to have someone want me to bake for their special event! It was such a treat. Yum to Salted Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk cookies all over our kitchen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment