Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Friday, November 16, 2018

Friday Round Up 11/9/18 - Goodbye Hondapants, Leaf jumping, first snow, vintage trolley ride

Man oh man I am soooooo behind on my blog!! We're going to make this one quick as I try to play catch up!

1. Goodbye dear old Hondapants
On Monday we decided it was time to say goodbye to the greatest car ever - Hondapants :( It made me so sad. Here's the "tribute" I posted on Facebook:


Tuesday we said goodbye to dear old Hondapants. My sweet girl had been mine for 14.5 years! So many milestones with such a great car; college graduation, first big girl job, G.R. & Tara’s engagement party at Wrigley Field, Margaret & Kobi’s wedding weekend at the lake, our own wedding weekend (remember walking back up to get her at Architectural Artifacts the day after our wedding Christopher??), long drives up north for both Sarah & Dan’s wedding & Cody & Matt’s wedding (also me chopping the parking garage sign at the Diversey Trader Joe’s parking lot in half with our bicycles on the roof rack. Of course it happened on the morning we were driving up for Coot’s wedding), shorter drives to so many other wonderful weddings , rescuing our first dog (you’re a mostly good pup Owenn), and both Chris driving us to the hospital while I was in labor (Prentice had never felt so far away) & bringing our Lulu bug home a few days later.
There were fabulous road trips with wonderful friends, visits to faraway family & friends, so many drives to & from the lake, and many a Christmas tree tied to her roof.
She was a great car who (99.9% of the time) would go when I wanted her to & stop when I needed her to. She tolerated my seemingly endless fender benders but was never in a serious wreck.
I hope someone else buys her, loves her & keeps adding to the nearly 158k miles we put on her.
Cheers to 150k more Hondapants. You have earned something delicious to drink (perhaps a fill up of Costco’s finest unleaded??)
Thanks for being a most excellent car for my entire adult life Hondapants. You were a truly great car.
Also, we got a new to us car delivered tonight- it was really dark when it came. I’m sure I will grow to love her too. She doesn’t have a name yet, but she does have seat heaters which is something ðŸ™‚

It’s the end of an era to be sure.

The only thing I forgot to include was the fact that Hondapants also moved me into my first big girl apartment, my condo & then moved Chris & me into our forever home. So many great memories with a great car!

2. Leaf Jumping
Lulu was my helper when I was desperately trying to cram as many leaves as possible into our yard waste bin before it snowed for the first time on Friday!! She had a blast jumping in the bin to try to pack them down for me!! Thanks Bug :)


3. First Snow of the season
Always makes me really happy to have the first snowflakes come down! I was a tiny bit stressed this year because the first snow fell on the same day as my flight to New Hampshire/Vermont to spend a weekend away with my Mom & sister! Buuuut, our flight was not cancelled - only slightly delayed & we still arrived on time!

4. Vintage Trolley Ride


Our wonderful friends came up to the lake to enjoy some fall fun last weekend! Luke & Jackie packed up their 3 sweet kiddos & we had a great time together. One highlight was taking a ride on the East Troy Railroad. We rode a vintage trolley car up to one of our favorite spots, The Elegant Farmer, and then back to where we started - the East Troy Railroad Museum. A great way to spend our rainy & cold Sunday!! The kids got a kick out of it & so did we. Lulu DID NOT like the trolley's whistle blowing (most of the railroad crossings were pretty minimal - so barriers to cut off car traffic........so the trolley blasts its whistle as it approaches the crossing as a warning to cars!) Outside of that though, it was a complete & total success. Thank you Luke & Jackie for treating us to our tickets!


No comments:

Post a Comment