Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Florida Sunsets

I love watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico. 
My family has been visiting a small key in Florida for over 35 years (being the youngest- they were going well before I was around!) and it seems like we've always gathered at the end of the day to watch the sun go down together. It is so strikingly beautiful and somehow incredibly relaxing. 
I sometimes catch the sunset in Chicago, but it isn't quite the same; I can't watch it go all the way down to the horizon and although it is classic, the sun setting behind the El isn't quite the same as the sun setting over an ocean.
I really love the chance to have a lingering drink and watch something so stunning at the end of a vacation day.
Hope you enjoy some photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment