Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Monday, May 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookie Bars

I love salted caramel anything as of late.
I was wandering around Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and came across a recipe for Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookie Bars and I knew I needed to try it! You can find the recipe here; http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/chocolate-chip-salted-caramel-cookie-bars/

I baked these for the first time while visiting my in laws in the Philadelphia area and they were a big hit!

Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookie Bars

My only 2 issues with my effort on this recipe were: 1. I didn't use a coarse enough sea salt- so there wasn't that chunky salt feeling when I ate the bars (which clearly I ate my fair share!). I personally love the chunky salt feeling when eating anything with salted caramel. The 2nd problem I had was that the bars were SO goopy after cooling for a couple of hours. They were still delicious, but messy and required a plate & fork. Good to know: they were PERFECT the next morning.

I love anything you can make ahead- it makes life so much easier. This is a perfect "make ahead" dessert, because is was way better after it had 12+ hours to cool.
My sister made the recipe too, she added oats & said it turned out really well- so it is also clearly a recipe you can get creative with..............which I think makes it even better.

Let me know if you try this recipe - for your in laws- or anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment