Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Friday, March 2, 2018

TGIFriday Recap 3/2/18

Lizzard Loves Fridays.

Is there anything more obvious that I could say?!?

1. Fridays are wonderful
This is not unique to this week per say, but since Chris changed jobs last year - our family has actual "2 days in a row with no work" weekends ever single weekend. Every.Single.Solitary.Weekend. Since October! I went ahead and counted, that is 21 weekends, 42 days of uninterrupted family time. Our old weekend normal included an awful lot of work hanging over our heads. Chris constantly said things like "I'll read the paper for another 30 minutes before I need to get back online" at 8am on a Saturday. It was ridiculous. It was unsustainable. I honestly don't know how we lived so many years with the expectation of 7 day work weeks for him. All that said - our new normal is blissful. Friday evening to Monday morning without that work cloud looming. I've said it before, but each weekend still feels like a mini vacation to me. Clearly I adore spending time with Chris (we are, after all, married to each other!) but it is also fantastic to get some time to myself without needing to coordinate with (& pay) a babysitter. It makes me happy when Chris & the bug get time to themselves, since so much of the work week, Lulu & I hang solo. So yes to weekends. Every time. Friday means it is so close I can pretty much taste it. Cheers (with my umpteenth cup of coffee) to that.

2. Beautiful sunrises
The lights on the right are the city (& then the path lights :)

Also when I see them while running. I had the Owenn pup with me today, because I feel guilty if I go running without him, but if I have the luxury of an early morning run truly by myself - whoosh. It is glorious. To be totally quiet for 30 minutes, not telling anyone (dog included here) what to do, or feeding anyone, or cleaning anything up. Bliss. This morning the waves were crashing and the sun was waking up over the lake. It was fantastic (even if I was constantly pulling Owenn away from all the good smells he wanted to smell and rabbits he wanted to chase). 

3. Clean sheets and a made bed

Chris typically makes our bed, I appreciate him doing it for 2 reasons; I don't really like doing it & I loooooove when its done. It didn't get done today which was a perfect excuse for me to change the sheets & make it myself. As much as I don't like the act of doing it - I truly love the final product. 

4. Sunny & 60 degrees






The Chicagoland area has bonkers weather (maybe everywhere does?) but in the final stage of winter, we are often graced with a day or two of unseasonably warm & lovely weather. We had one of those days on Tuesday. If it is not going to be cold enough to snow; I'm happy for these days! The sun on my face, no jackets for anyone, a long walk along the lake, the dog & the baby playing on the tennis courts, people out everywhere & people in great moods to boot! These tiny little tastes of spring are pretty wonderful. So what that our actual spring involves a lot of 40 degree rainy days?? I'll take the beautiful ones when we get them.




Happy Friday everyone! Hope you get to enjoy your weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment