Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Friday Recap 4/20/18 - Lulu's Party Tricks & a Throwback

 In honor of the Bug turning one this coming
 week, this recap highlights some of her new party tricks!
 Also a throwback to this week last year
 because its funny to see how big my belly
 got when I was over pregnant with Lulu :)

And yes- its Sunday night........not Friday. I'm late to post.....again! Living my new normal of "don't let perfect be the enemy of good" Blogging is good. Writing my Friday recap on Friday is perfect. Meh!

1. The Toilet

It calls to Lulu with its irresistible siren song. A water table just for her, in 3 rooms of our house. Bonus? It keeps her occupied......#parentingwin???

2. Climbing her slide

All of the sudden she can climb up the 3 step ladder of her toy slide.  Yikes & yippee at the same time!

3. Standing up in her carseat


This one is just straight sketchy. Thankfully she can't pull these high jinks
while the car is moving. She still needs us to unbuckle the straps.....for now.

4.  Proof that dreams do come true
See below re: running interference as an explanation for why this is the best (ie only) photo I have!
Yum
We bought a used "learning tower" which is sort of like a cage for the bug to stand in at the kitchen counter. We baked 2 cakes together this week for my Mother Daughter Book Club (with my mom - not with Lulu ;) And by baked I mean I ran constant interference so Lulu didn't spill my 1 pound bag of cocoa powder or smear butter all over herself, etc etc. But still. We stood together in the kitchen & made something delicious and that is enough to make my dreams come true!


Final product yum!
We baked Smitten Kitchen's Everyday Chocolate Cake and frosted it with vanilla bean whipped cream. It was really really good!

5. This laughable weather

Honestly, I have to laugh at this bat shit crazy winter weather so deep into April. 

Lulu doesn't know about laughing at things to prevent crying. She's just straight pissed. Look at her face. PISSED. She's shaking her baby fist at Old Man Winter & telling him to scram already.

6. Oat Milk Mochas from the delightful Backlot Coffee

See #5 for an explanation as to why I would need such a delicious warm treat in APRIL.

7. Lulu having an (almost) birthday twin as a neighbor

These 2 kill me, as does our neighbor's little girls amazing hair. 

8. This memory from this time last year (thanks Facebook memory feature for reminding me ;)

This is what 40+ weeks preggers looks like....

Lulu was 8 days overdue when she arrived last year. So when her due date passed & I wasn't showing any signs of going into labor.......Chris & I went to the Lincoln Park Zoo's Wine & Wildlife event on the topic of Puerto Rican Parrots. My best friend planned the event, we got dinner afterward, we interacted with the presenter dressed as a parrot, all the things!!
Bruce & Ace basking in the glow of yet another event well done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment