Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Monday, May 7, 2018

Friday Round Up 4.27.18 - We have a 1 year old! **a few days late**

Wowsers! Just like that, Lulu is 1! 
This year has, in many ways, rocketed by. 
In other ways it has been incredibly challenging and seemed to go in slow motion. 
Mostly we have had a most excellent time with our biggest little girl who continues to bring us so much joy. 
Without further ado:

1. Our 1 year old bug
So hard to believe but also so awesome that Lulu is a year old. 







2. Flowers in the garden!
Yippee! Some of the bulbs turned into flowers!! Yippee! Crocus & daffodils! Eek! This is the best!



3. Decent Spring like weather
This is sad - but consistent weather in the 50s is reason to celebrate! The sun has been shining, it feels warm enough to go out without coat/hat/gloves. I'll take it. 
My sweet niece who was visiting for Lulu's bday


4. Another throwback from this week last year....

Because it was remarkable how my body was able to shape shift over 41 weeks of pregnancy. I struggle with my post partum body in many ways, but I feel positive looking back at what I was capable of in pregnancy as well as knowing what I am capable of now.

5. Our first family bike ride


We have an excellent friend (who we met through the mom's group) who knows his way around bikes....so when I made what felt like a fatal flaw in setting up our bike trailer; he came to the rescue! He fixed my mistake on a Sunday morning, only getting paid in homemade bread & a cup of coffee! Thanks Dante for making our first family bike ride a possibility! 
We took off Lulu's hat for the ride home....the helmet isn't tight enough without it :)

We are excited for a million reasons about Lulu turning one, not the least of which is our ability to use the bike trailer & bike seat (more on that next week) since she's officially old enough for both!! It makes me feel like we have a tiny bit of our old selves back to be able to go out on bike rides around town. I just love riding bikes, even though I am not particularly good at it ;) I love that it is so simple & makes me feel like a kid again! Its awesome to be able to share that with Lulu.

6. Cousin Love

We were lucky to have 5 of Lulu's 7 cousins around to celebrate her birthday! It makes me so glad to see the kiddos all together. It is my sincere hope that these littles love each other over the years as much as we love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment