Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday Recap 8/31/18 - Road trip funnies, Skunked, Garden love, The Bug

I can't believe August is coming to a close. Most of my nieces and nephews are back to school, all of the neighborhood kiddos are, we've had a couple of cool nights (admittedly that was last week....but still) with the windows open, Lulu & I are starting to see leaves fall from trees- insane that it feels like Fall is around the corner.

1. Road trip funnies
The Fun Park
We drove to Columbus, OH for one of my college roommate's weddings last weekend. Road trips are always interesting - especially when they involve a 16 month old ;)

We drove from 7pm-2am on the way there. Somehow - more than once- we encountered stopped traffic on the highway. Just jammed traffic. Summer time is construction season & that'll do it I guess. You have to laugh about these things to avoid screaming!!

The Fun Park
On the way home we took it a little easier since Lulu would be awake for some of the drive. Or so we thought. Lulu was awake for almost the entire drive! We stopped at "the fun park" (I should've taken a photo of the sign - the playground was literally called "The Fun Park" it was awesome) to let Lulu run around & burn some energy & to break up the drive a bit. 


Corn field detour
We needed to get gas - so did that too. And then got on the highway going the wrong way. 10 miles to the next exit toward Columbus....10 miles after we got turned around.....and a detour through the cornfields because the overpass was demolished. Oh man. Tough wrong turn!! Very pretty detour though!







2. Getting skunked
Its funny now.........not so much Monday morning at 530 when Owenn & I were out running & it happened.

The funny part is really the fact that when Owenn did a 180 & pulled like a maniac the opposite direction we were going, I let him. Then I noticed what he was running for: (in the dark, without my glasses on) a small potted plant in the green space between the sidewalk & street. "Well," I think to myself "if Owenn wants to pee on a potted plant that is inexplicably in the greenway, so be it". You may have already guessed that it was not, in fact, a potted plant. It was a Goddamned skunk. Owenn chomped on it and was shaking it around, which is how I ended up with a drop of skunk spray in my MOUTH. Which again, funny now. Not funny as it happened. 

After 2 baths in hydrogen peroxide, baking soda & dish soap (followed by dog shampoo) & one treatment of this Nature's Miracle product (lent to us by our most FANTASTIC neighbors) - Owenn was back to smelling fresh a daisy. Or at least back to his eau de dead raccoon smell he always seems to rock. Not funny, but we were able to loan the Nature's Miracle product to different friends/neighbors later this week because their poor pup got skunked too :(

Keeping us on our toes Owenn is.

3. Garden love


Not sure what this plant is, but it is thriving & making me very happy by doing so! Anyone have any idea? Pretty sure I bought it at a native plant sale 2 summers ago........no clue what it is though!

4. This face

Almost always brings a smile to my face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment