Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Friday Round Up 8/24/18- NYT opinion piece, Cinnamon Roll Delivery, Baking with the Bug, Zen Sunrise Moment

Happy Friday morning! We are in Ohio to celebrate the nuptials of one of my college roommates! Hope you have fabulous plans for the weekend! So I wrote that last week thinking I'd have my act together to publish on Friday...........I didn't & now its Tuesday. Again. Ah well. Someday I'll be timely, just not today!

1. The Absolute Necessity of the New Mom Friend
One of the members of my moms group shared this to our social media page & it resonated with many of us. Unlike the author - I new I wanted (didn't know I needed) new mom friends. I didn't know how to make them.....so I started a group for babies born the same year as the Bug & have been fortunate enough that other mamas wanted the same kind of connection I did. It for me felt like an "if you build it, they will come" scenario. I didn't actually "build" anything - just made a Facebook page, but the sentiment is there. It was a great reminder that I can create things I need if I don't see them in the world.

2. Cinnamon Roll Delivery
We have gotten to know some of our neighbors up at the lake pretty well over the years. Maybe it is natural  - it feels natural! They are (as neighbors should be) a random motely crew of folks in a great way.
Saturday morning 2 of the neighbor boys (whose ages align closely with my eldest 2 nephews) came over to deliver cinnamon rolls to Liam & Kane. It was such a cute thing to do & made me feel like we live in a small town (which, coincidentally  - we do up there). Apparently it was a favor returned as the boys shared Bobo's delicious chocolate chip cookies on Friday! 
Cinnamon roll o'clock on the deck

I feel like these gestures stitch together communities in amazing ways. Suddenly everyone feels happier, more at ease, more known somehow. Are you close with your neighbors? What types of neighborly gestures have you offered in your neighborhood? Have you been offered any sweet gestures?
It made my Saturday morning - it was just perfect the boys tromping a few doors down with paper plates of cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven. Weekend bliss.

3. Baking with the Bug

Always messy. Always entertaining. Warms my heart every time.

4. Zen Sunrise Moments

I hope you all are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment