Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Monday, August 13, 2018

Friday Round Up 8/10/18- Early morning beauty, tomato season, extra Lake time

Summer is still in full swing & we are trying to soak in all that it has to offer! We've seen leaves turning & falling already......which is giving me feelings of serious panic! Keep on keepin on summertime!!

1. Early Morning Beauty


I'd been meaning to go for an early morning kayak all summer & somehow it took me until August to get my act together. It was worth the wait & so darn pretty. I went on a weekday morning which is as quiet as can be up at the Lake. What a treat to have the Bug snuggled in her bed at the house with my parents both there so I could confidently leave & have a mini adventure all my own. Sometimes I feel myself fading to the background & the Bug being the main event of my life. I work actively to remember that I am not her & she is not me. We do our best when we each have our own lives - inexorably tied lives - but separate all the same. My morning kayak was just for me :)

2. Tomato Season
We picked them in the rain & couldn't wait to get 15 feet to the kitchen to eat them!

Happy with her haul
 Lulu is hilariously obsessed with our tomato plant. I am also obsessed with it  - so she has good taste ;) But in the same way she loved the strawberry plant when it was producing - she heads straight for the tomato plant when we are in the backyard to see if there are any to eat!! Its a messy affair & I adore it.

Notice the rivulets of tomato juice on her belly?!? Joyful tomatoes!

3. Extra Lake Time
BoBo with 3 of 5 granddaughters

Belated birthday boat ride for Lynn

Cousin park time

Lulu & Dad weren't really into this ;)

The Bug & Neva are 4.5 months apart - I hope they are so close as they grow up.

"Wuwu, you wanna go swimming??" ~Hennie

Sometimes everyone needs a quick boat nap

Marg & her girls stayed past my Mom's birthday by several days - so Lulu & I got a chance to spend some extra lake time with them & my parents. Such a treat to have weekdays up at the Lake - so chill, not busy, just really quite perfect. The only bad thing is, now that Marg & the girls are home again, it feels a little like summer is over :(



I'm running late on this post - summer schedule is a little loosey goosey! Short & sweet this week! Happy Monday, hope you have a tomato & sunrise filled week!

No comments:

Post a Comment