Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Sunday, July 7, 2019

May 2019- Chris' Birthday


Happy Birthday my love!!

Birthdays are fun, am I right?!?

We decided to accept an Airbnb reservation for Chris' birthday weekend, so we spent it up at the Lake which was delightful. I can't remember why, but no one else was up, so we had a weekend to hang out just with Team Kramer :)
Hang time at the Lake

Lulu & I are so lucky to have Chris as our Daddy/husband respectively. We try to make him know this all year round, but especially on days like his birthday! 
Nothing better than swinging in the "hammock swing"
Lulu & I picked up Chris at the train station closest to the Lake and decided to stop for food on the way back to the house. Which is how we ended up having dinner on Chris' actual birthday at our new favorite "restaurant" (its actually more like a drive in, there are only outdoor picnic tables, no indoor space) at the Lake; Meggy Moos. It has way better food than I EVER would've imagined - cooked fresh & arguably the best fried cheese curds we've ever had - light & crispy breading, hot gooey cheese, just perfect. Plus soft serve and/or hard scoop ice cream (complete with toppings - Lulu's fav - rainbow sprinkles, my fav - what they call "twinkles" or crunch coat....sweetened chopped peanuts with rainbow sprinkles). Its just so good. Its just so unassuming. We've been frequenting it since we "discovered" it on Chris' birthday. 
Waiting for Daddy's choo choo train (on tracks that are NOT in service - I'm not a crazy person!)
Birthday dinner at Meggy Moos
Because birthdays are so darn fun, we continued the celebrating at home with Mom & Dad in Glenview! I made a batch of brown butter cupcakes with brown butter buttercream icing for Chris's family celebration - they are from the Nigella Lawson cookbook "How to be a Domestic Goddess"
her recipes make about 1/2 as much as most American cupcake recipes do, but for our purposes - it was perfect. Obviously they are easily doubled for larger groups :)
Let the fun continue back in Glenview


Cupcakes I mentioned above - really delicious!
Do you & your family have any birthday traditions? We really do just the typical - cake, ice cream, dinner with family. I am always interested in how other people celebrate - I'd love to know what you & yours do for birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment