Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Friday, July 6, 2018

Friday Recap 7/6/18 - Garden update, Family reunion, Glennon Doyle, Beach time

It was SO HOT this week. Mid 90s with crazy humidity & sunshine making it feel like 100+. Yay summer ;)

1. Garden Update


My little garden is doing well & that makes me quite happy indeed. The tomatoes went bat shit, buck wild crazy in the heat of last weekend (when we were up at the Lake for the family reunion). Fun to come back to the plant being as tall as I am! The strawberries aren't ready yet - but there are little baby fruits and a good number of flowers. The basil tried to flower while we were away - I'm pretty sure I caught it in time though!

Our backyard lights came down in a storm a couple of weeks ago & a zillion hardware store trips & a lot of sweaty hours of work later......we have lights again! I'm pretty jazzed with the new look!










Thanks Momma for the idea of tying back the dying leaves of our daffodils - much better than before!






























I planted some more flowering plants in the yard this week too - we realized we went SUPER heavy on spring flowers; but we don't have a whole lot of color in the yard right now.....so we are trying to get stuff in the ground for next summer!
Some delightful Bee Balm - we love bees!

2. Kearney Family Reunion 

My family hosted my Dad's side of the family up at the Lake for a family reunion last weekend. 83 people attended from Friday-Sunday; we caught a photo with 70+ family members at dinner Saturday night. GR, Marg & I technically gave this weekend to my Dad for Christmas last year - when he bought his first lake house he was not yet married & (as far as I can tell from the stories) the "fun" uncle! 
The in laws to the Kearney tribe :)

He hosted his sisters, brother & their kiddos at the Lake for the original Camp Kearney! We wanted to recreate that fun for my Dad. 
I didn't even catch the pier at its most crowded point of the weekend!!

My mom cooked her fingers to the bone hosting 80ish people for a cocktail party Friday night, Marg, Mom & Dad busted their butts getting the house in tip top shape, GR drove the boat for the 3rd generation until he was nearly blue in the face, our spouses watched our kiddos so we could help my mom host the weekend, and it all went off without a hitch! 

I think Dad enjoyed himself!
The weather was perfect for a weekend on the water, hot, humid & sunny. Everyone soaked in Camp Kearney for a successful (1st in a loooooong time) Kearney Family Reunion. Too bad no one thought to make participation trophies for the weekend :)
Mom is truly the hostess with the mostest!!

Jumping into the weekend like.......

Being thrown into the weekend like.......
3. Glennon Doyle
I've been really into Glennon Doyle's instagram lately. I appreciate that she is working (seemingly tirelessly) to reunite parents & kids who were separated at the border. She is inspiring and funny as hell, and an example of what a zillion reinventions looks like (she is a recovering addict, was married & had kids with a man, now is married to the soccer star Abby Wambach, is a successful writer & blogger and now is an activist), which I always find exciting and interesting. A great reminder that life is not static, but completely dynamic. 
I also love her posts about moms who are OOFTG (Out Of Fucks To Give). I find myself in that camp more frequently than I care to admit & I appreciate that I'm not the only one. She is good for laughs & good for serious & thoughtful stuff too.

4. Beach Time is the Right Time

When the weather is as hot as its been - the beach is really the only place that makes sense! We've been taking full advantage of the rocky beach at the lake & the sandy beach at home this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment