Lizzard Loves Blue Sky Snow Covered Vail

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Friday Recap 6/29/18 - Sister time, Chris & Lulu, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

It feels impossible that June is almost over! Summer just keeps on chugging! I had this ready to rock & forgot to publish it Friday. Whoops. Late again. No one is surprised!

1. Sister time
Cousin pool time (Lulu's face!! Nevas face!!)


Cousin park time
My sister has been living with my parents at their summer home in WI for the past couple of weeks; its a summer tradition that harkens back to her years as a teacher on Maui.....she would come home to the mainland for her summer breaks. It makes me so happy to have her home for several weeks; it means I get to soak up a bunch of quality sister time which I love. It also means our girls get to spend a ton of time together which pretty much makes my heart explode. I suppose it is not surprising that we have far fewer photos of us in them now that we have cute little munchkins to take pictures of! Next week I'll have some of me & my sister :)
Marg creeping in the kids area of our fav coffee shop

2. Chris & Lulu

There seems to be something special about the daddy/daughter relationship - generally - but also specifically in our family. Lulu loves Chris so much & I love to see the 2 of them enjoying each other! Have we talked about Lulu's full body wiggle when Chris gets home from work? It is intense and enthusiastic and amazing. Might be something that you need to see to believe!

3. Impromptu birthday celebration
This is technically from last week, but such is life :) A friend from my mom's group had a birthday last week & we were meant to go on a regularly scheduled walk together. Unfortunately the weather wasn't cooperating & thunderstorms were forecasted. So I invited the birthday girl, her daughter & another mutual friend & her son for a happy hour play date! Obviously there needed to be a birthday treat since it was her actual birthday. She & her family eat a vegan diet - so I referred to my good friend Google to help me find a quick & easy recipe. Here is what I came up with no bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
I added rice krispies for crunch/texture, mixed almond butter in with the peanut butter (out of necessity.....I was low on both) and sprinkled the top with flaky sea salt before putting them in the freezer to firm up. Everyone enjoyed them & I just made them again for us this week!

4. Indoor S'mores

Sometimes the weather poops on your plans (see above regarding cancelled walk) and that happened again on Friday. We had our lovely friends over for dinner - our plan was to grill & enjoy the backyard, play games outside, you know - summer. Wellllllll the temperature during the day Friday barely crept out of the 60s and it rained SO MUCH. Though the rain had stopped by the time CC & Adam arrived, it was dreary, damp & chilly outside. Ew. So we ate our dinner inside! And then made s'mores over our gas stove......because lemons into lemonade!

5. Some pretties. Just because.
Mornings at the Lake are quiet & relaxing.
Owenn takes advantage by fishing in the morning.

Etown mornings aren't too shabby either!

No comments:

Post a Comment